Inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures are performed at our Danville campus.
Our surgeons are supported by a Magnet® accredited nursing team and the latest technology. New operating suites at our Danville campus utilize high-definition monitors for viewing radiology tests and live laparoscopic procedures. The OR lighting was designed to provide a range of illumination, including spotlights and green lighting to give visual flexibility throughout the rooms. Green lights can be switched on for better viewing during laparoscopic procedures, allowing the surgeon’s eye to better distinguish small details.
Our Surgical Specialties
Our surgical specialties include:
Our full spectrum general surgery program focuses on diseases of abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, gallbladder, small bowel, and colon. We also deal with disease involving the skin, soft tissues and hernias.
Thoracic surgery is surgery of lungs, esophagus, and other organs in the chest.
Our Thoracic Services Include:
- Thoracoscopic lung biopsy
- Thoracoscopic bleb resection with pleurodesis
- Thoracotomy or thoracoscopy for empyema
Other Surgical Services
Our comprehensive array of surgical services include:
We provide treatment of acute abdominal problems such as appendicitis, cholecystitis, bowel obstructions and perforations.
- Colon resections
- Lysis (freeing) of intestinal adhesions
- Small bowel resections
We provide treatment of breast disease such as breast cancer, breast masses, fibroadenoma, and abscesses.
We provide treatment for disease of the colon, rectum, and anus. Illnesses include but are not limited to:
- Colon cancer
- Diverticular disease
- Fistula disease, anorectal abscesses
- Colonoscopy for diagnosis, screening, and monitoring of conditions
We provide advanced laparoscopic approaches to treatment of gallbladder disease, stomach cancer, small intestinal cancer, and colon and rectal cancer.
- Stomach resection
- Small bowel resection
- Colon resection
- Upper endoscopy for diagnosis, screening, and monitoring of conditions
Esophageal and Stomach Disorders
- Laparoscopic fundoplication (e.g. Nissen and Toupet) for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and hiatal hernia repair
- Laparoscopic repair of paraesophageal hernia
- Laparoscopic Heller myotomy for achalasia
- Upper endoscopy
Gallbladder Disease – Treatment of gallstones, biliary colic, biliary dyskinesia, and cholecystitis
Splenic Disease requiring splenectomy
Hernias and Reconstruction of the Abdominal Wall – Full spectrum of hernia repair from laparoscopic hernia repair to complex abdominal wall reconstruction
- Epigastric hernia
- Incisional hernia
- Inguinal hernia
- Paraesophageal hernia
- Umbilical hernia
We provide surgical treatment of skin disorders and lumps.
- Lymph node biopsies
- Pilonidal disease
- Skin lesions (cysts, skin tags)